Friday, June 3, 2011

I not going to change my front lower ball joints, because my mechanic say nothing will happen. Mechanic they?

I not going to change my front lower ball joints on my Dodge Durango, because my mechanic say nothing will happen. Mechanic they try to scared you saying that the wheel will come off, They say that because they want your money!|||If it fails your wheel probably WILL fall off. At the very least you will lose control and crash.|||Had it happen. The wheel and knuckle will come off, severing your brake lines, damaging the body of the car, you will have no steering control, and it will ruin the control arm as it drags the ground. Your mechanic, or whomever is full of it. It is not a fun experience, been there, got the scars to prove it.|||It can happen. I am a mechanic and have seen it. It even happened on my wife%26#039;s F150 while she was driving about 35mph.|||If a worn ball joint breaks, you will probably crash. These joints allow the front wheels to turn, move up and down, and take a large load of the braking force. Is is worth it to you to save money? If they are worn bad enough, the car will not pass a safety inspection.|||No you don%26#039;t have to change them but when you kill your whole family because you didn%26#039;t oh well, It%26#039;s just your family you can always get another one,Your mechanic is dumb or he just don%26#039;t want to do it because he don%26#039;t know how ,|||any mechanic that told you that you wouldn%26#039;t have any problems is wrong ,the wheel wont fall completely off but it will lay over and cause you to have a wreck and hurt someone if their bad they need to be changed,their not that bad to change out on those trucks,id get them done as soon as possible,good luck.|||Yes I want your money for making your car safe to drive. I want to be paid for my labor. For liability reasons, if I told you you needed ball joints, and you didn%26#039;t want them replaced, I would refuse to do any work on your vehicle, and also mark your estimate as an unsafe vehicle. That way when you crash into a busload of nuns, they cant sue me for not fixing your car. If you have bad ball joints, they need replaced period.


If you cant afford proper maintenance, then park it until you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment