Friday, June 3, 2011

My mechanic told me that my ball joints on the front of the car were rusted and very loose.?

So he showed me and yea he was able to pull them side to side with ease. They need to be replaced. Though he said if I did not change them, the front ball joints would break off and the whole tire would break off. Is this true?|||Unless you like your car sliding down the road on it%26#039;s oil pan in a shower of sparks before you crash into a guard rail, I suggest you get them fixed ASAP.|||Yes.|||Yes that is true...............md|||If any of your ball joints fail, it will result in the vehicle going straight to the ground. It%26#039;s basically a pivoting mounting point for your front suspension, and when it goes, the suspension loses that mounting point and it%26#039;s straight into the road you go. I%26#039;ve seen it happen several times. It%26#039;s not true to say the wheel will break off, but it%26#039;s not good when ball joints go.|||Your mechanic is 100% correct. Ball joint failure causes lethal accidents.|||It can get dangerous in a hurry , a couple of hundred dollars now can save lives





plus it saves tires and the car will handle so much better

No comments:

Post a Comment