Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How do i change a ball joint?

The website in my sources has step by step instructions with pictures. I think you'll find that it comes in handy :). Good luck.
How do i change a ball joint?
I would say go to Barnes and nobles and get a chilltons repair guide for your car.They are very good books and very detailed.I have one for my 66 mustang it's great
How do i change a ball joint?
ball joint on what type of car
Go to the library and look it up in the Chiltons manual. You can make copies and bring them home with you. It depends on the vehicle of couse but it can be hard to separate the lower ball join because it's pressed in. They sell specialized presses to do this job, it's like a heavy duty %26quot;C%26quot; clamp with special fittings. After I took the cotter pin and bolt off I set up a puller on it to try and push it out but it wouldn't budge. So, with the pressure on it I hit the lower control arm with a long drift and a light sledge hammer and eventually it popped out. The second time I did this job I borrowed a ball joint press and it was a lot easier. This is not an easy job but I've done it twice. It took me 4 hours 2 days in a row to change all four ball joints on my '91Ranger. It was worth it though, the truck felt brand new afterwards.
  • dedicated server
  • drivers for wow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment