Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Let me make my question more clear, My Durango is a daily driving, How can a 8 years old truck have a bad ball?

Let me make my question more clear, My Durango is a daily driving, How can a 8 years old truck have a bad lower ball joint already? With only 98 miles I treat her right. She already had the recall done for the upper ball joint in 2005. What make the the lower ball joint go bad? We live in Florida the weather here is hot/cold! I thinking changing those ball joints in the summer of next years money is too tie right now!
Let me make my question more clear, My Durango is a daily driving, How can a 8 years old truck have a bad ball?
You said it yourself: it's a daily driver. And a heavy one at that. Worn ball joints on an 8-year old suv is not abnormal.
Let me make my question more clear, My Durango is a daily driving, How can a 8 years old truck have a bad ball?
It's not uncommon, ball joints take ALOT of abuse, consider how much unsprung weight is being held in bay a little bolt, potholes and countless other things come into the equation. I assume they are sealed as opposed to the zerk(grease) fittings, you should check to see if they are offered for your ride when it is replaced, that may help with longevity. I am also under the impression you meant 98K? If not, then yeah...that's weird
like any part they all have failures if we could determine how long every part would last that would be great i have a 2006 mustang and i had to change the upper and lower ball joints just the luck of the draw if you are going to wait to fix see if there is a grease fitting and lube it if not just keep an eye on it sounds like you re a mature driver and you could wait a little just make sure it doesn't get to bad ...an easy way to see how bad it is raise that side of the car with a jack till the tire has about 2-3 inch clearance under the wheel get a pry bar and put it under the tire lift up and you could feel how much play is there an inch up is not to bad good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment