Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is there an easy way to change the ball joint on my 1986 Ford Mustang?

Does anyone know an easy way to change the ball joint on an 86 Ford Mustang? I've got the stands and spring compresser if needed, and undoing the ball joint from the spindle doesn't look like much of a problem. I have to do this in my driveway while battling the Canadian winter. I really just want to know if there's an easy way to pop the old ball joint out, and then press the new one back in without having to remove the control arm or using specialty tools.

Anyone got any ideas?
Is there an easy way to change the ball joint on my 1986 Ford Mustang?
well you can..remove the Ball covers and try putting the new ones in
Is there an easy way to change the ball joint on my 1986 Ford Mustang?
Not for sure, but here in the States, Auto Zone and Pep Boys will print out the step by step procedure when you buy the parts.

I hope this helps. If not, then you might want to purchase a Haynes of Chilton manual for this car.
This is the tool you need, ball joint press. Parts stores might have one for loaner. http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/AP-鈥?/a>
  • loss of control in hands
  • does anyone know
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment