Thursday, September 15, 2011

I want to change ball joints on 4X4 Ford F350 Super duty, help!?

It has a straight front axle, not I - beam. I cannot find any material on how to do it anywhere.
I want to change ball joints on 4X4 Ford F350 Super duty, help!?
You didn't specify the model year you are referring to, but if it's a 1999-2004 model year, I wouldn't recommend this job to be attempted by a do-it-yourselfer. The reason being, to reinstall the PVH (pulse-vacuum-hub) seal requires use of a special driver or else the 4x4 will no longer work. Also, once you remove the driveshafts and the four 21mm nuts that secure the hub and bearing assembly, you probably won't be able the to separate it from the steering knuckle without ruining it, since 9 times out of 10, they usually seize up. If you need more info, you can e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment